Legal issues in the notary field has grown so rapidly in line with the growth of the Indonesian people. Economic development on a world scale followed by the advancement in technology makes the agreements and contract growing and diverse. Thus, the era of globalization requires the Notary / PPAT to increase their skills and abilities in order to be able to compete with lawyers from other legal systems because economic activity is increasingly complex and beyond national borders.
Development in the era of globalization clearly requires the availability of personnel who have the ability to cross scientific understanding, explaining and have the skills to solve the problems that were and continue to occur in the field of Law Notary. A Notary / PPAT should be independent and consider the interests of the parties in a balance manner, so it can be expected that the occurrence of a legal transaction is orderly, fair and guaranteed its legal certainty. A Notary / PPAT is also demanded to conduct legal discovery and the establishment of law for the parties and formulate it in a wide variety of deed.
Since 2000 based on the Director General of Higher Education decision. No. 80/Dikti/Kep/2000 notary education is no longer defined as a specialization program but set as a program study equivalent to Masters with the title of Master of Notary (M.Kn). As a Masters program, the Master of Notary alumni does not always have to be a practitioner notary and / or Land Deed Officer (PPAT). Besides, such a profession, a graduate program Master of Notary have potential as educational staff lecturer at the Faculty of Law of the State and private universities, as civil servants in the central government, provincial and district / city governments, as well as the employee / employees at private companies. It shows that the potential of job fileds for the graduates / alumni of the Master of Notary become wide so that Udayana University, particularly the Faculty of Law, University of Udayana as one of the largest public university and the oldest in the province of Bali also participate in developing this course to be able to educate and produce alumni who are qualified and able to meet the needs of the labor market. In addition, the opening of the Master of Notary it will be able to minimize unemployment lof alumni of the Faculty of Law of the State and private universities in Indonesia in general and Bali in particular by providing more capabilities to the field of Law Notary with professionalism standardization in the field of preparation of agreements / contracts, land matter, the deed of cooperation and others.
To realize the Master Program in Notary by 2015 that produce graduates who are pious, cultured, excellent, and independent in the field of knowledge, research, advocacy, and skills development in the field of executing a Notary deed.
Based on the vision, the mission of the Master Program in Notary Udayana University are:
- To manage the Master Program in Notary that is devoted to God Almighty and cultured to professionally create an atmosphere of education, research, and community service as well as high-performance conducive;
- To develop legal knowledge in general and Notary Law in particular.
- To produce graduates who are able to provide services in the field of Notary adequate, professional, and ensure legal certainty for the community and the business world in the field of tourism;
- To create human resources who are devoted to God Almighty and cultured in order to organize courses in a professional and qualified manner.
Aim and Graduates Competency
In general, the aims of the Master Program in Notary is to meet the needs of human resources who control aspects of knowledge and skills in the field of Notary. Through a combination of materials that contains theory and practice, then this program will be able to produce graduates who have the ability and skills to:
- Developing Jurisprudence in general and Notary Law in particular .
- Finding the law in resolving legal issues, particularly in the field of Notary law approach, both mono-, multi-, and interdisciplinary;
- Designing and developing models agreements / contracts.